PETITIONS FOR RE-INVESTIGATION OF THE CHAD EVANS CASE.
1. Below is the hard-copy petition.
2. For the online petition at www.change.org click on
3. For the online petition at www.signon.org click on
4. For the online petition at www.thepetitionsite.com
and their comments.)
The Chad Evans Wrongly Convicted Committee is circulating a Petition to Re-Investigate his case, which reads:
To the GOVERNOR, CHIEF JUSTICE and ATTORNEY GENERAL of New Hampshire, and the SPEAKER and MEMBERS of the NH House of Representatives and the PRESIDENT and MEMBERS of the NH Senate:
THE PETITIONERS BELOW REQUEST A COMPLETE, FAIR AND INDEPENDENT INVESTIGATION OF THE CHAD EVANS CASE.
As pages of the petition have been collected, please send to the Chad Evans Wrongly Convicted Committee at 71 Sullivan Street, Keene, NH 03431. The Committee will present the Petitions to the State Government of New Hampshire when a sufficient number have been collected.
ONE WAY TO CONDUCT SUCH A RE-INVESTIGATION WOULD BE TO ESTABLISH A PRIVATE OR PUBLIC COMMISSION TO INVESTIGATE THE DEATH OF KASSIDY BORTNER ON 9 NOVEMBER 2000 AND THE WRONGFUL CONVICTION OF CHAD EVANS IN DECEMBER 2001.
The commission could determine:
1. How was a young mother, Amanda Bortner, convicted of child endangerment when she saw no abuse and no evidence of abuse of her daughter, Kassidy Bortner, before she died on November 9, 2000? She saw bruises, but the explanations for them were entirely reasonable.
2. How was her boyfriend, Chad Evans, who loved and nurtured Kassidy, convicted beyond a reasonable doubt of murdering her, and of several counts of assault against her and one count of assault against Amanda Bortner?
3. How were these two people, who loved each other and Kassidy Bortner, accused, prosecuted, convicted and vilified for the tragic death of Kassidy Bortner?